Hello all! Busy couple of weeks this end with clients all looking for support for summer health and vitality. Love this time of year as we start to see the colourful array of fruits and veggies coming into season and the smell of BBQ’s and suntan lotion in the air!
This week’s blog is focused on weight loss due to the influx of demand and questions I get at this time of the year with the dreaded bare all in a bikini date looming for most. I've been inundated with requests for more information on the programs that I provide and the need for quick fix solutions. Alas, there is no such thing as a quick fix solution and those that embark on a crash diet as a short term fix, usually feel the consequences down the line with rebound weight gain, low energy, difficult sleeping or skin complaints. Don’t be fooled by all the media hype that calorie restricting diets or low fat diets are your friend – its all rubbish and designed to target yo-yo dieters. They are not your friend and they are not the answer you are looking for.
Do you recognise yourself in any of these statements?
- I never feel 100% healthy
- I feel tired most of the time
- I’ve tried ‘every’ diet, but always put the weight back on
- I’m genetically from a big family
- I have a slow metabolism
- Food means so much more than just fuel to me
- Other people can lose weight easily
- My willpower always runs out
- I have a sweet tooth
- My social life and drinking with friends gets in the way
- I comfort eat when stressed/bored/happy/sad
- I like to ‘treat’ myself, I deserve it!
- My body will never be the same as it was before I had children
- My health has taken a back seat…
Don’t worry. You’re not alone. I can help you to change the way you feel about food.
Eating to lose weight and regain health comes down to eating the right foods that will keep your blood sugar levels stable and ensuring that you have a wide variety to keep you satisfied and interested.
I firmly believe that in order to truly tackle unhealthy eating patterns, the need to understand your relationship with food has a big part to play.
When you eat foods that contain high levels of sugar your body has to work overtime which can lower your immune system and spike your blood sugar levels giving you that ‘sugar high’ feeling for about 20 minutes. What goes up of course must go down and then you experience the ‘sugar crash’ where our blood sugar levels drop very low leaving you tired and sometimes guilty as to why you just consumed something that contained no nutritional value in the first place.
Just think about the roller coaster ride you are putting your body on if you are consuming these foods regularly and how this might be contributing to having a lack of energy and generally feeling tired.
It might sound backward but the secret to fat loss is actually all about eating regularly.
You need to ensure you are consuming portion-sized meals throughout the day and enough of the RIGHT foods to put your body into a position to burn fat coupled with consistent exercise. Don’t be put off by the word ‘exercise’ as I know some are. It’s all about moving that little bit more – easy!
So if you want to lose weight, regain energy and health, which is sustainable all year round, it may be time to change up what you are eating and how you think about food. Think of food as fuel, keep your body full of unprocessed food, it will work more efficiently and help you burn more fat.
3 Ways I Can Help You To Lose Weight
I’ll guide you on how and what to eat to balance your blood sugar. By eating in this way you will start to feel more energised and more in control and your weight will stabilise. My programme combines Patrick Holford’s low glycaemic load way of eating with Zest4Life coaching tools. This is a practical programme, which will motivate and support you on your journey to great health.
1. Request a FREE 20 minute health and energy review to discuss your needs. Click to send me your details and I’ll contact you within 2 days. http://www.debbiegallimore.com/zest4life-programme/
2. 1:1 Coaching is available all year round with both 8 Week and 10 Week programme’s the most popular choices to focus on long-term success. Perfect solution for those who want to learn about nutrition and embark on a truly life changing journey.
3. Group Weight Loss Coaching Programmes run for 8 weeks. Group programmes cover all the elements of 1:1 coaching but in a fun, inspiring environment with like-minded people looking for the same solution.
The next programme starts in September with two groups planned in Sale, Cheshire and Didsbury, Manchester. Places are LIMITED and booking information will be available in July. Sign up to my FREE newsletter to make sure you don’t miss out!
Here’s a little recipe that’s quick, easy and tastes delicious. I make a batch of these and put them in the fridge for healthy eating on the go. Perfect for lunch boxes or anytime you need a snack. Enjoy!
Recipe: Cashew & Goji Berry Energy Balls
3 Tbsp. chopped unsalted cashew nuts
3 Tbsp. roughly chopped goji berries
2 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
2 Tbsp. agave nectar
3 Tbsp. milled flaxseeds
1 Tbsp. desiccated coconut
1. Blitz all ingredients excluding the desiccated coconut in a blender until well combined.
2. Using your hands form approx. 12 small balls with the mixture.
3. Cover in a light coating of desiccated coconut. Transfer to a plate and chill for about 30 mins.
So …. If you want to lose weight, regain energy and eat the right foods to keep feeling fabulous get in touch today email@example.com. Programme dates for the next Group Workshops will be announced in July. Hope to see you there.
Don’t forget to claim your FREE 20 minute health and energy review - you’ve got nothing to lose.
And finally …. give me a follow on Facebook and Twitter for all my latest news, offers and advice. It’s good to talk :)
Wishing you all a fabulous summer